Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Not worth the fight

After consulting with my lawyer and doing some hard thinking, I decided that it was not worth the  fight. I signed my termination agreement and sent it to my now ex employer. The return for the risk was just not worth it. At least I can collect EI if I burn through the severance I did get.

Here is an itemized list of the severance that I received.

I was at my employer for just over 3 years. This is what they gave me:

  • 10 weeks pay
  • $4000 YTD profit sharing (Lawyer told me that many times he fights for this)
  • 2 weeks unused vacation

All in all it works out to just over 3 months total pay. Is this fair? Well, my Lawyer told me it's on the low end of common law or common packages given for someone of my age and job title. It turns out my ex employer crafted the letter and package perfectly. Just enough not to bother going to court over, but on the lean side. Oh well, time to move on to the job search....




No comments:

Post a Comment